Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Exploration of the Colorado River and Its Canyons


June 6 - "At daybreak I am awakened by a chorus of birds. It seems as if all the feathered songsters of the region have come to the old tree. Several species of warblers, woodpeckers, and flickers above, meadow larks in the grass, and wild geese in the river. I recline on my elbow and watch a lark nearby, and then awaken my bedfellow, to listen to my Jenny Lind. A real morning concert for me; none of your "matinees"!"

This experience he has with natures choir reminds me an experience I had when camping out at Big Bend National Park. It was a trip taken with family and friends, I woke up extra early one morning cuase I couldnt sleep (prob cuase it was a little to cold) and was just sitting outside watching the sunrise when the tree next to me just came to life with all these sounds. It happened out of now where and I wasnt expecting it but it was truly mesmerizing on its own. Many sounds coming from more than one type of bird and different as they all were, togehter it sounded so beautiful and a sense of peacefulness really came over me along with the sunrise. It was an experience I would never forget and glad that those chills woke me up that early.

No comments:

Post a Comment